Subscribe

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kenders Musings!


powered by Bloglet

WARNING WILL ROBINSON

Feel free to post comments, rants, or even personal attacks. It simply shows your wish for taunting if you do the latter.

You can say anything you want here. But if you get stupid I reserve the right to point it out, call you lots of inventive names and laugh like hell.

Blogs I Like

In no particular order):
Note: "right" either means this blogger is correct or that they lean right. I know what I mean by it. How do you take it?

Iraqi Blogs

The Other Side Of The Street

New York Liberals that aren't all that bad
(for NY Libs)
The name say it all
(Pissed Liberals)
Luna Kitten
See? I told you I had a liberal friend!!!

Send me some greenbacks

The 101st Fighting Keyboarders

The Wide Awakes

Give me some love

You can email me here

Atom.xml

I am THE
Snarky Kender
of the
TTLB Ecosystem

New Tagline:
"Got Kender?"




Technorati

Technorati search

    Followers

    Blog Archive

    First off the press is this little tidbit here where hillary calls for making election day a national holiday and want to give all felons the right to vote.

    Personally I think election day should not be a federal holiday. It may or may not raise voting percentages, which is the aim, but I believe it won't. Why? Because the people that go vote do so anyway. Those that don't are just going to use it to sleep in and slack off. As for felons voting I think hillary is really scraping the barrel bottom for votes here. (vote for me, I got your right to vote back) I don't think felons should be allowed to vote. Frankly I don't want people with judgment bad enough to land them in prison with felony charges deciding who should run the country, am I right?

    But then again it makes perfect sense she would do that. As my wife just pointed out, jail is where you find democrats....republicans can afford lawyers.

    Second up on the block for your perusal is this crap here that put forth the idea of substantially raising the cap on soc. sec. contributions. Currently the rate is at 12.4% with half paid by employers and half by employeees. It caps at $90,000. Raising the cap would raise alot more money, but would also costs employers more money thereby taking away money they have now to increase their business in some way.

    Don't ask me the numbers because I haven't crunched them yet, but if the projections in the estimates are correct with funds being raised hitting the 100 billion a year mark, half coming from employers would be a hit on the economy as a whole. They say that 845 billion in wages this year won't be taxed for SS and that only 6% of the workers make over 90 grand, so 94% of you out there wouldn't be affected in the amount you bring home but in the long run it will affect you when the economy has a downturn and unemployment rises.

    Third in the line up tonight is a story I know you have heard about. It seems our Marine Corp. have charged a marine Lt. with murder!!! This is unacceptable.

    I see a bad thing coming from this, and I am hesitant to say this but, don't be surprised if some young marine, with the thought of this story in the back of his mind voicing a fear of being charged with murder, hesitates one millisecond too long when confronted by a murderous bastard and loses his life over it.

    As far as I am concerned the people that decided to prosecute Lt. Pantano are aiding and comforting the enemy, and in a time of war at that!!!!

    Rather and Eason have been taken down by blogstorms. Terri Schiavos' life is being fought for by bloggers and I know there are bloggers out there fighting for Lt. Pantano and I am proud to be a blogger, but perhaps this time bloggers need to go a traditional route and go straight to the source.

    So contact the White House and let the President know that Lt. Pantanos' prosecution should be stopped and Terri Schiavo should NOT be starved to death simply because her husband is an asshole (IMO).

    On a lighter note, it seems that penguins have been failing to breed in germany. Apparently there were 13 penguins, and only one was a female so the males have decided, apparently, that the one female is a serious bitch because they wont breed her, only each other. Either that or she is gay also and is just waiting for a cellmate of her own gender. Does anyone else see a really bad episode of "Mutual of Omahas' Wild Kingdom" here?

    Anyway, they brought in some "experienced" (read slutty) female penguins from sweden. If what I have heard of sweden is true, and it spills over into the animal kingdom, then these penguins are in for a treat. Unless there are truly gay penguins, in which case they will probably have someone to hang out with and gossip about the straight penguins while discussing the latest episode of The Christopher Lowell Show while downing fish for dinner.

    Just a few thoughts wandering through my head right now.

    2 comments:

    Tom the Redhunter said...

    I do certainly agree with you about the idea of making election day a holiday. There's been a movement in the past ten or so years to make registering and voting "easier." To which I say, isn't it easy enough already? Polls are open long enough as it is. And what employer would dare to keep their employees from being able to vote (there may be a few, but they've got to be few and far between).

    One hardly needs a whole day off to go through a half-hour process.

    Besides, shouldn't we be willing to go though a little bit of inconvenience given how precious the right to vote is? If the Iraqis can walk miles we can afford a bit of "inconvenience."

    KraftyOne said...

    To some extent I agree with making a national holiday out of election day. I DO NOT agree with allowing felons to vote for the same reasons you stated. There are two reasons that I think making election day a holiday would be okay. The first, and weaker, reason is for people like me. Had I voted on election day (I voted early, which is a nice alternative to needing to get the day off) I would have needed at least the afternoon off because I don't work in the same state where I live. For Tom, who commented that it only takes half an hour, that is true in some places. Other places had lines up to 8 hours long.
    The second reason that I think it might be okay to make it a national holiday would be to make it a celebration of our freedom and our right to vote. I think these things are worthy of celebration and are worthy of making special note of. I know that we already have the 4th of July, but an additional day every four years hardly seems like a burden and would make the whole event of voting more memorable and special. Anyway, those are some reasons that I think its not a terrible idea.

    What we really need though is just better voting reform. The method of voting should be standardized nationwide. It is quite ridiculous that in this day and age, in the richest and one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world, we still have any vote confusion over things like 'hanging chads' and not filled in bubbles etc. These are issues that need to be addressed at a higher priority than whether or not to make election day a national holiday.

    Onward...
    This comment of yours is a sad commentary on our society: "jail is where you find democrats....republicans can afford lawyers." On the west side of the US Supreme Court building are the words "Equal Justice Under Law" but those words are false in our society. The color of justice is Green. Johnny Cochran (who should know best) said he would rather be rich and guilty than poor and innocent in this country. This is sad. Check out this link to my solution to this serious problem in our society:
    Pre-Paid LegalMoving on...
    Social security needs some sort of reform. Don't know what the correct solution here is though, so thats all I'll say about it.

    Next....
    The marine charged with murder. Do you know what the "yet to be named enlisted man, (who) filed a complaint against Lt. Pantano" complained about? I think if those two were trying to flee after he told them to stop, then you and I and every American should be upset about this Marine who was just doing his job getting charged with murder. I just feel like we're not getting the whole story here if the Marines have seen fit to reopen the case, it seems there must be more to it... do you know?

    Thats all for now.

    Post a Comment