Subscribe

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kenders Musings!


powered by Bloglet

WARNING WILL ROBINSON

Feel free to post comments, rants, or even personal attacks. It simply shows your wish for taunting if you do the latter.

You can say anything you want here. But if you get stupid I reserve the right to point it out, call you lots of inventive names and laugh like hell.

Blogs I Like

In no particular order):
Note: "right" either means this blogger is correct or that they lean right. I know what I mean by it. How do you take it?

Iraqi Blogs

The Other Side Of The Street

New York Liberals that aren't all that bad
(for NY Libs)
The name say it all
(Pissed Liberals)
Luna Kitten
See? I told you I had a liberal friend!!!

Send me some greenbacks

The 101st Fighting Keyboarders

The Wide Awakes

Give me some love

You can email me here

Atom.xml

I am THE
Snarky Kender
of the
TTLB Ecosystem

New Tagline:
"Got Kender?"




Technorati

Technorati search

    Followers

    Blog Archive

    A comment from K1 got me to thinking about the heart of a conservative.

    His comment included his question of how much heart does a conservative have, based on Churchills quote, which goes something like "If you are not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you are not a conservative at 40 you have no brain".

    Much like an earlier post about what, in my experience, the right believes, I will put forth what my heart tells me the heart of a conservative holds true.

    A Conservative Heart is Steadfast in the face of tragedy, and holds to reason for guiding actions, and refuses to jump into solutions without thought. This does not mean the Conservative Heart has no emotion, for in reality the conservative heart realizes that emotionally driven decisions make for bad decisions, therefore logic and common sense are placed above emotion when it comes to staying the course.

    The Conservative Heart is Realistic and realizes that life isn't fair, and attempting to legislate fairness into life is much like asking the sun not to rise.

    The Conservative Heart is Charitable. The Conservative Heart also realizes that Charity only comes through the heart, and anything else is either self-serving, ego feeding narcissism or theft.

    The Conservative Heart is Forgiving. However the Conservative Heart also refuses to be made a fool of so it adheres to the old saw of "Fool Me Once, Shame On You, Fool Me Twice Shame On Me."

    The Conservative Heart is Loyal, but will not hesitate to point out when it is confronted by a wrong, even, sometimes, at the risk of friendship.

    The Conservative Heart is Bold. It has no qualms about walking the walk, realizing that only through action does the truth of ones heart show through, and that a lot of times, words are merely that....words.

    The Conservative Heart is Honest, and will strive to walk the path of Truth everytime a choice is presented.

    The Conservative Heart is Faithful. It realizes that sometimes that path of Truth is the hardest by far to travel, and by all appearences more may be lost by taking the road less travelled, but in the end Faith is rewarded, and only a True Heart shall reap those rewards.

    So we have:
    STEADFAST
    REALISTIC
    CHARITABLE
    FORGIVING
    LOYAL
    BOLD
    HONEST
    FAITHFUL

    I am sure I will have more.

    Do you have any to add?

    6 comments:

    Raven said...

    I find conservatives have a much bigger heart than liberals. I was a liberal and it was always about ME or things I wanted...and this was often disguised by the needs of others. Its all a bunch of BS. Liberals are the most selfish people I know.

    KraftyOne said...

    I think that is a pretty lousy generalization. There are many liberals who are very concerned about other people. There are also many conservatives who couldn't give a crap about anyone else. Maybe you were just a crappy liberal? Or a mean person?

    Of course, I'm not talking about the extremists on either side. The extremist conservatives and liberals both tend to be totally messed up jerks. I would say that most, if not all of those qualities would also fall to the liberal side of the equation (again, forget the extremists)

    Actually, come to think of it, we throw these words around. "Liberal" and "Conservative". I never label myself either way, because frankly, I don't really even know what they mean. Does anyone have a good definition? Not the extremists on both sides, and we don't need any snarky comments. Does anyone really have a good definition of the difference?

    KraftyOne said...

    Speaking of "Fool Me Once, Shame On You, Fool Me Twice Shame On Me."

    Here is one of my favorite quotes from our illustrious president:


    Click here.


    http://www.kraftyone.com/Links.htm

    Raven said...

    KrafyOne,
    I guess not every single liberal is heartless. Just most of them. Or at least they come across that way.
    (Nevermind me, bad mood today)

    KraftyOne said...

    If you're in a bad mood, definitly visit the links site I put above. The stuff on there always makes me smile and/or laugh.

    And the opposite seems true to many liberals. That many people who are conservatives are heartless and greedy - I guess its even then.

    The MaryHunter said...

    Kender, This was a great post. Heartfelt (no pun intended) and spot-on. Thanks for spreading the gospel that conservatives are people too.

    PS: Thanks for taking my call last Wednesday on your show. It was a blast chatting with you. AND I caught that train to Moonbat Central, NJ after all. Oh Joy. (LOL)

    Post a Comment