Subscribe

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kenders Musings!


powered by Bloglet

WARNING WILL ROBINSON

Feel free to post comments, rants, or even personal attacks. It simply shows your wish for taunting if you do the latter.

You can say anything you want here. But if you get stupid I reserve the right to point it out, call you lots of inventive names and laugh like hell.

Blogs I Like

In no particular order):
Note: "right" either means this blogger is correct or that they lean right. I know what I mean by it. How do you take it?

Iraqi Blogs

The Other Side Of The Street

New York Liberals that aren't all that bad
(for NY Libs)
The name say it all
(Pissed Liberals)
Luna Kitten
See? I told you I had a liberal friend!!!

Send me some greenbacks

The 101st Fighting Keyboarders

The Wide Awakes

Give me some love

You can email me here

Atom.xml

I am THE
Snarky Kender
of the
TTLB Ecosystem

New Tagline:
"Got Kender?"




Technorati

Technorati search

    Followers

    Blog Archive

    While talking to a liberal friend about the attempted murder of Grandmama she said "Well, something needs to be done, we have people living longer and longer and maybe healthcare should be allocated better."

    My jaw dropped, only to shoot straight back up as I responded, "Well, then you get into who lives and who dies and who decides, one person lives because their family has money but the poor people die, and that sounds like discrimination to me, and I only discriminate against the stupid."

    I followed that up with:

    "But I can see it now, we start with the terminally ill, move on to the old, then the infirm, finally ending up at "I'm so sorry, but you are mentally retarded and our perfect yet resource-stretched society doesn't need your useless ass sucking up good air and clean water, so we're just gonna lock you in this room and sedate the hell out of you and let you die a "natural death" because we're good people and we would never put you to sleep like a dog."

    She got quiet. As my words sank in she snapped "Dammit Kender, I can't rebut that and your logic always puts me in a corner."

    "See why I need to be on the air?" I asked.

    Another lib'rul friend I called today to ask if maybe she would sit in on the show sometime as a counter balance refused the invite, reminding me that my argument about illegal immigrants had her angry for an hour. She said "I can't debate you off the cuff, you get me flustered and I don't know what to say."

    Yeah, I can be like that.

    I am salivating at the prospect of taking libs to task....IF they have the balls to call in.....I am hopeful, but realistically I don't expect them to call the show.
    Every lib I know can write a good argument and toss out facts all day long in defense of their position, but put them on the spot verbally and they get defensive and mean.

    I guess that proves the old adage that "The TRUTH Hurts".

    6 comments:

    Alnot said...

    Thanks Kender for the larger font and yes I am going to visit regular because I like what you have to say.

    Cao said...

    You rock, Kender. Great post. I don't think the lib arguments for eugenics and euthanasia make any sense no matter what the argument is; all I seem to see is its roots in Marxism, Hitler being the most successful at it to date.

    KraftyOne said...

    Kender, you need to get a better time slot! Due to the hours I work and the amount of driving I do, I need to be relatively alert and that means needing sleep!
    Anyway, you should post up a schedule of what nights and times you will be on. I'll try to call in sometime (probably a weekend) if for no other reason than to say hi.
    Although I don't fall squarely in the lib side of things, I can probably find something to argue with you about... :-)

    The Bastard said...

    Hey! Didn't Bush pass a little law in Texas that allowed hospitals to take people off life support if they couldn't pay?

    Anonymous said...

    I don't know anyone (liberal or conservative) who is seriously promoting the idea that we should use euthanasia as a way to ration healthcare (although I think Bush did sign that Texas law before he fully understood the political gains he could get from playing to the knuckle-dragging Fundamentalists). This sounds like a strawman argument to me used to twist the Shaivo case away from the facts at hand (she is essentially already dead and clearly stated that she would rather die in those circumstances). Sorry, Kender, I can't jump on your "your so brilliant it makes me doubt my liberal views" bandwagon.

    kender said...

    If you think her wishes were clearly stated it shows yoru ignorance of the case...if you think that euthanasia is not a threat to this country then you are deluded....but then THAT is exactly what I expect of "liberals".

    Post a Comment