Subscribe

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kenders Musings!


powered by Bloglet

WARNING WILL ROBINSON

Feel free to post comments, rants, or even personal attacks. It simply shows your wish for taunting if you do the latter.

You can say anything you want here. But if you get stupid I reserve the right to point it out, call you lots of inventive names and laugh like hell.

Blogs I Like

In no particular order):
Note: "right" either means this blogger is correct or that they lean right. I know what I mean by it. How do you take it?

Iraqi Blogs

The Other Side Of The Street

New York Liberals that aren't all that bad
(for NY Libs)
The name say it all
(Pissed Liberals)
Luna Kitten
See? I told you I had a liberal friend!!!

Send me some greenbacks

The 101st Fighting Keyboarders

The Wide Awakes

Give me some love

You can email me here

Atom.xml

I am THE
Snarky Kender
of the
TTLB Ecosystem

New Tagline:
"Got Kender?"




Technorati

Technorati search

    Followers

    Blog Archive

    I want to know why it seems more important to you that you, as a blind person, feel you have more rights to use a medium that is not suited to you to begin with than we, as bloggers, have a right to keep spam from swamping us?

    If the blind bloggers (I think there are about 8 of 'em) have their way, captcha may go the way of the dodo......captcha, being a visual safeguard, is inherently a bedeviling force to the visually impaired.

    And I guess google wants to use it to help stop spam. I have not seen thsi yet myself. But the blind bloggers want them to stop.

    Get that? It seems Google is in trouble for implementing captcha to help stop spam...especially comment spam.

    Captcha is that system most of us have seen that creates twisted letters that you must decode before signing up for something or sending emails or comments.

    Now, I thought that some of those have an audio test? Maybe I am thinking of something else eh?

    Am I worried that blind bloggers will read this and send me hateful email? No...I once tested this site and I know that those page reading programs don't work on it, and I have no idea how to fix that problem.....I am also really not worried about it.

    I have nothing against the blind, but like the amish, I really don't expect a blind person to coem up in here getting crazy ya know???


    Anyway.....blind people are apparently up in arms, (not literally of course...I mean if they were I would hide....they may shoot anyone...can you imagine a blind person with a gun? Like a squirrel with a bazooka), and they are upset about captcha because they now need visual assistance (they didn't before?) to use some websites features.

    Hhhmmmm....

    O.K..........

    I see......

    What's next?

    Deaf people angry at music companies for putting out CDs that only contain audio content?

    3 comments:

    SkiTheStars said...

    I am not blind yet, but I am heading in that direction, as I have glaucoma.

    If Google, with all their money cannot figure out a simple solution to this problem, they are simply not trying. It didn't take much effort to add audibles to traffic lights, and I'm sure that something other than the funny visual letter system can be developed.

    I guess you're not in favor of handicapped toilets either. Are you one of those sickos who likes to use the handicapped toilet so they can pee on the seat ? Guess you don't think God is watching you there, or any other time you put down the struggles of those less able bodied than you.

    Read your Bible and shape up or ship DOWN !

    How'd you like a cel phone that only printed Braille readouts ?

    kender said...

    Skithestars....I am sorry that you are going blind from glaucoma. My father in law is also and he is having surgery next month for it.

    It is a far cry from placing speakers on poles that beeps when a light is green to creating a system to spoils spammers. CAPTCHA was specifically designed to be read by humans only so that programmers couldn't create programs that could automatically spam comments sections or sign up for free accounts.

    marissa said...

    Your blog is great! It's hard to find blogs with good content and people talking about stop spam these days! I have a secret stop spam exposed if you want to come check it out

    Post a Comment