Subscribe

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kenders Musings!


powered by Bloglet

WARNING WILL ROBINSON

Feel free to post comments, rants, or even personal attacks. It simply shows your wish for taunting if you do the latter.

You can say anything you want here. But if you get stupid I reserve the right to point it out, call you lots of inventive names and laugh like hell.

Blogs I Like

In no particular order):
Note: "right" either means this blogger is correct or that they lean right. I know what I mean by it. How do you take it?

Iraqi Blogs

The Other Side Of The Street

New York Liberals that aren't all that bad
(for NY Libs)
The name say it all
(Pissed Liberals)
Luna Kitten
See? I told you I had a liberal friend!!!

Send me some greenbacks

The 101st Fighting Keyboarders

The Wide Awakes

Give me some love

You can email me here

Atom.xml

I am THE
Snarky Kender
of the
TTLB Ecosystem

New Tagline:
"Got Kender?"




Technorati

Technorati search

    Followers

    Blog Archive

    Before I get into this post in more detail, I must say that not only are traditional values under attack in the MSM, such as newspapers, TV and radio, but men in general are under attack for simply being men, and nowhere is this more apparent than in advertising.

    It seems that almost every commercial I see these days that portray a couple will invariably show the man being overweight and somewhat bumbling while the woman is fit and on the ball. Another point which I will not get into today is that these guys are almost always white guys. I have seen only one commercial where the boneheaded man isn't white, and that was a pizza commercial. But the man was still portrayed as a foolish caricature of a man.

    The only exceptions to that rule are commercials where the man is in underwear or hawking some sexual enhancment pill.

    Now we have this;

    "The Leo Burnett advertising agency, which created the iconic macho cowboy, said a new study it conducted found that half the men in most parts of the world don't know what is expected of them in society and three-quarters of them think images of men in advertising are out of touch with reality."


    First off I think that half of the men are just wusses that have been brainwashed into thinking that what the MSM says is gospel. As for the three quarters that think advertising is out of touch with reality I must count myself in their numbers.

    It is out of touch with reality. And this next statement proves it.

    "Most ads have lumped men into one of two groups -- the soft, caring type known as "metrosexuals," who are comfortable with facial peels and pink shirts, or the stereotypical "retrosexuals," who remain oafishly addicted to beer and sports."


    Basically those are the two groups, but I must take major exception to the use of the term "retrosexuals" and the characterization of these men being "oafishly addicted to beer and sports".

    First off I like beer and sports. In fact if it weren't for sports the only thing a man would ever wonder is what is in the fridge.

    Let me clarify that statement. I used to say that if it weren't for women and sports then we would just wonder what is in the fridge.

    But then it occured to me that to a man, especially a single man, women ARE a sport. Think about it. What is a sport?

    A sport is a contest......a contest to see who is better at something, some skill or talent. How does that make women a sport you ask?

    Simple.

    When a man is single it is the man with the hottest or coolest girl on his arm that "wins" the game of wenching. Of course the guy with the girl that isn't all that hot or is a bit too bitchy will say "she has a great personality" or "she is a madwoman in bed" or whatever will make you look better in front of your guys, but it still biols down to who has the hottest girl.

    Another measure of prowess in the sport of wenching that goes right along with quality is quantity. It is a measure of you with your crew as to how hot and how many lasses you can bed. I can't explain the scoring system here, as it is against the "Rules of the Club", but suffice it to say that is complex and can vary according to circumstances and lobbying by the affected parties.

    Now here is the part of the article that really made me pissy.

    ""As the world is drifting toward a more feminine perspective, many of the social constructs men have taken for granted are undergoing significant shifts or being outright dismantled," said Tom Bernardin, chairman and chief executive of Leo Burnett Worldwide"


    Now we must ask ourselves just WHY is the world taking on such a feminine perspective?

    I blame the womens libbers.

    Once you women were treated as the flowers you are, or rather can be, and were protected, cared for and worshipped. Thsi went on since time immemorial.

    Then along came womens lib.

    And suddenly you wanted to be treated equal. You wanted the same prospects as men, the same job opportunities, the same considerations for everything.

    What you forgot was that men and women are different, with different roles in the grand scheme of things. Now after 30+ years of "equality" what do we have?

    A generation or two of men that have no idea about how to BE a man. No idea of HOW to treat a woman. And trust me on this, treating a woman is like handling a fine thoroughbred. One must be firm but gentle, knowing when to caress and soothe with caring words and when to let loose with the whip.

    These "metrosexuals" that go all soft at the first few bars of a love ballad and can yak for hours about the virtues of some "products" ability to hold your "hairstyle" in place after a 12 hour workday have nothing on a real man.

    Women SAY they want a man that is sensitive, but go cry in front of them and see how fast you become "friend" material.

    Women want a man that is "sensitive" to her moods, without giving up that strength that inherently comes with being a real man.

    Remember in the late 80's how Alan Alda was hailed as the "new man", caring and sensitiev and willing to cry with a woman?

    Uh-huh, that lasted didn't it?

    You can go read the rest of the article here,
    but I warn you, if you are a real man it may piss you off.

    But that's OK...Real Men have no problem with getting angry.

    Crossposted at Cao's

    10 comments:

    Makrothumeo said...

    Well, here's the deal...in my view the ad world makes up these guys that have nothing to do with reality...as you said, on the one hand, sort of a bumbler, on the other hand, some yahoo going to the medicine cabinet for his "moisturizer."

    Why are these two stereotypes so popular? Because women are the ones buying stuff!! I don't go to the mall, I don't go to the shopping plaza, if I need some shirts, Goodwill usually has a few for a buck or two, and I get my fruit of the looms at the Dollar Store. Yes, I do spring for work clothes, but that's once or twice a year to Men's Wearhouse.

    So, show a woman a bumbler who has to be saved from himself or a depilated, moisturizing hunk, and hope she'll buy your schlock.

    The guy I most identify with is the "Miller guy" who knows his cars, knows his tools, knows his beer...and doesn't moisturize or bumble.

    Amy Allen said...

    So "knowing your tools" is a male-only trait? Pardon me.............Why do boys get to have all the fun....or is my female brain to inferior to understand?

    M+ said...

    I don't fit in anywhere. I don't like beer, I like wine - or something harder. As for sports... football, and no others have a place in my heart. But women as sport. Well, I'm not currently pursuing any, but I can think of one that I'd like to shoot at the moment (heheheheh).

    kender said...

    The question Amy is not whether your brain can handle it, but rather which of these men would you prefer?

    And know your tools....that falls under teh "cool girl" heading, and tomboys without the "butch" thing happening are a real turn on to most men.....at least we know when a woman knows her tools that she won't be calling us in the middle of the night to save her from a broken down car....

    loboinok said...

    continued…But when we disarmed they sold us and delivered us bound to our foe, and the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: “Stick to the devil you know.”
    On the first Feminin Sandstones we were promised the fuller life.
    Which started by loving our neighbor and ended with loving his wife.
    till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
    And the Gods of the copybook headings said: “The wages of sin is death.”

    In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all, by robbing selective Peter to pay for collective Paul; But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money coul buy, And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said, “If you don’t work you die.”

    Then the Gods of Market tumbled, and their smooth tounged wizards withdrew, and the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true.

    That All is not God that Glitters, and Two and two make four– and the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more.

    loboinok said...

    Awesome job! While on vacation my wife got me a book…I want to share some of it. The name of the book is “Why I Am A Regan Conservative by Michael K. Deaver”. I wanted to share something out of the first chapter…the words of Robert L. Bartley….” Being a Conservative gives you a grip on reality. At least, that’s waht I think I’ve learned over my lifetime. Conservative principles and conservative approaches start in the real world as it exists, not in some imaginary utopia. While this certainly doesn’t preclude reform and improvement, it does make you feel likely to get carried away by the purely abstract.

    Robert ends the chapter with an excerpt from a poem by Rudyard Kipling called “The Gods of the Copybook Headings”:

    With the Hopes that our World is built on they were utterly out of touch.
    They denied that the Moon was Stilton, they denied she was even Dutch.
    They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings.
    So we worshipped the Gods of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, they promised perpetual peace.They swore, if we gave up our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.

    The Squamata Report said...

    That is SOOOOOOOo true. It is almost as taboo to be a man in the backassward society of liberals, as it is to be a Christian in the state of Californication.

    David Schantz said...

    I know I don't fit in I only shop at military surplus and second hand stores. I quit drinking and I gave up on sports when professional athletes started demanding more money every year.

    God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

    Lucia Maria said...

    Did you know, Kender, that "Women' Lib" is a tool of Marxism? It was contrived in the 30's in the Soviet Union as a means of enabling the destruction of a capitalist society.

    job opportunitya said...

    Captivating blog. I love surfing the web for the
    type of blogs that you do. It had me on the edge of my
    seat and I kept going back to again and again!
    Stop by and look at my plastic surgery washington dc blog site.

    Post a Comment